Listen to Surah Maidah MP3 Online
Introduction and Meaning
Surah Al-Maidah is a conspicuous Surah in the Quran
Surah Maidah PDF is categorized as ‘Madinan Surah’ because of the “Hudaibiyah Agreement”. This surah is present in Juz’ 6 to 7 in the Quran, with a Hizb no. 11 to 13. There are 16 Rukus in it having 120 verses. There are no Sajdahs in this Surah.
The essence of Surah Al-Maidah is “The Table” or “The Table Spread with Food”. It takes its name from the Surah itself, verse 112 contains the word “ma’idah”. If we investigate the Arabic term (Ma’idah), it means a platter full of food.
This surah apparently contains one of the final verses that were sent to the Prophet (ﷺ), “This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”.
Surah Maidah Read Online
The subject matters talked about are associated with food, the creatures not allowed to consume in Islam, and the goals of Jesus and Moses’, like the 90th verse makes a stop to ingesting alcoholic drinks.
In the Surah Maida PDF, we can see that the surah accommodates many crucial social and legal regulations involving interfaith marriages with the people of the same book, unlawful foods (such as prohibition of pig meat, and alcohol), pilgrimage, ablution, avoiding gambling, and other types of rituals.
In the 8th verse, there is a stress on doing fair play with the people, “O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do”.
Period of Revelation
The motif of this Surah specifies that it was sent after the settlement of Hudaibiyah in the 6th Hijry to the 7th Hijry. That’s the reason, it concerns the problems that emerged from the treaty.
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) with Muslims (1400) went to the land of Makkah in 6Hijry, Zil-Qadah for Umrah, but the people of Quraish galvanized by bad enmity restricted him from performing Umrah. Then after a deal of harsh and hard arguments, an agreement was written at Hudaibiyah. It was settled that they would perform Umrah in the successive year.
That was a very accurate time for educating the Muslims, on the exact method to perform a pilgrimage with true Islamic values and persuading them that the disbelievers should not be prevented from performing the pilgrimage to Makkah as revenge for their misconduct. That was not hard because many atheists passed from Muslim areas on the pavement to Makkah. That is why the first verses reveal the things interlinked with the holy journey to Makkah.
Subjects and topics Surah Al-Maidah
- Guidelines about religion, culture, and political aspects of the lives of Muslims.
- A detail of official rules regarding the travel for Hajj has been told.
- Strict rules have been mentioned for lawful and unlawful foods, and foolish self-imposed limitations of the old ages have been ended.
- People are allowed to eat food with the believers of the Book and can marry the women of the Book.
- Execution of Wadu (ablution), bath (purification), and Tayamum (ablution with dust) have been advised.
- Drinking alcohol and investing in gambling have been restricted.
- Now the Muslims had become a governing power, it was possible that strength may make them dishonest. At that time of trial, Allah had rebuked them again and again to follow equity and to safeguard against the bad behavior of their elders, believers of the Book.
- Reproof to the Christian people and the Jewish people.
- As the strength of the Jews had fully fainted and all their places in northern Arabia had gone under the government of the Muslim people, they had been given notice of their bad behaviors and summoned to take the right path.
Lessons from Surah Al-Ma’idah
The teachings that we learn from surah Al-Maidah are the following:
- We can recognize the nobility of Eman, as ALLAH communicated with us as (يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا).
- The rules and regulations of any agreement must be fulfilled.
- We are taught about the accomplishment of our commitments to people, even he/she is a Muslim or non-Muslim. We should also accomplish the promise with ALLAH.
- The convincing agreements and promises are a symbol of a Muslim. If a man does not fulfill their commitment, it describes an issue with the Eman of the person.
- Hunting is not allowed if you have been wearing Ihraam. You may have a question that why hunting is prohibited in Ihraam. Remember, in this situation, you must focus on satisfying ALLAH’s requirements and not get redirected.
- We should have deep respect for Halal and restrictions for Haram (Mecca).
- We all belong to ALLAH, so we have to follow all the rules and regulations of him.
Surah Maidah Benefits
There are many benefits of reciting this amazing Surah of the Holy Quran:
- If we recite verse no. 54, it will ensure abundant love in your house members and family.
- If we want to excuse ourselves from ALLAH, recite this Surah Maidah daily.
- A person who recites Al-Maidah by heart, ALLAH gives ten pious deeds, removes ten sins, and makes him nearer to ALLAH ten times than his last position.
- If we read it every week on Thursday, we will be very safe from haram and will not try to do any ‘Shirk’.
Download Surah Maidah PDF with Translations
Surah Maidah PDF in Arabic
Surah Maidah PDF with Urdu Translation
Surah Maidah PDF with English Translation
Encapsulating it, one can achieve all the benefits and blessings of the Almighty by reading this beautiful Surah. Recite once Surah Al-Maidah Daily and make it a part of your life to get rid of all the tensions.